24.6.15

TWENTY SEVEN

Looe Bay, Cornwall, June 2015

Today I turn twenty seven. I included the pic above in the Cornwall post last week but its the most recent picture I have of myself  - without me taking one whilst I'm sat in bed writing this, top knot and everything, yikes.
A friend of mine has her birthday in September so I feel like I get a good nine months to get used to the new number. Twenty eight, however, freaks me the f out.
I think birthdays are always a reflective time for everyone, the pressure and the panic of figuring out if you're where you want to be in life - and then naturally having the massive urge to quit your job and go backpacking for a year because all you've done is work and work and work. Over the past couple of weeks I've been thinking about if I am where I want to be in life and...I think I'm on the right path... maybe? At least I think I'm vaguely going in the right direction but I'm not really sure if I'm honest. I don't know what path I'm suppose to be on but I guess when I look back in another years time I might know if I was. I'm sure it will all make sense and work itself out at some point. 

Twenty six was a busy year for me, it feels like it was the quickest year yet (I just read the post from last birthday and holy moly, only a year ago!?). But I like being busy and I hope 27 is a busy year too - but with less stress. Much less stress. I've got a fair few grey hairs to show for this past year. I'm currently concocting a list of things I'd like to do this year and even though most of them include restaurants I'd like to visit, there's a few useful things on there too that I would like to get cracking with. People keep telling me that 27 is a good year, so they better be right!

So, for this next year I guess the plan is to carry on doing what I'm doing - whilst learning more, go to more restaurants...and buy some hair dye. 

6 comments :

  1. Happy Birthday! Can't wait to celebrate with you tomorrow. I think 27 'sounds' good - much more exciting than 26. Woohoo! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Jo! Have a brilliant day. I freaked out so much when I turned 30, but I have to say that being 28, 29 and then 30 have been the best times of my life. Getting older is really brilliant, and I think that nagging feeling of wanting to chuck it all away and go around the world does start to fade. OR you get to a point where you decide that you really might just change your life totally, which is exciting. 27 will be brilliant for you, I know it. Excited to celebrate with you tomorrow :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, my lovely. That feeling of not knowing if you're on the right path, and not knowing what the frig is going on half the time never really fades, because that's life and there is no right or wrong path. And who is to say whether your path is right or wrong anyway, no one's ever walked it before! It just is what it is. And I think you're amazing so clearly you're doing a good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! I turn 27 in a few months and it's quite a scary thought to be honest! I still feel about 20/21 in my head. I guess you never truly know if you're on the right path as there are so many paths to choose! It's just important to be happy where you are, wherever that may be!
    I hope you have a lovely day!

    Ceri
    October Eleven

    ReplyDelete
  5. I turned 39 today. Let me assure you that that next 10 years of your life will be marvellous. You'll learn so much about yourself and your confidence will grow in spades! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday lovely lady! I'm turning 34 next week and still have no idea what I'm doing!, so don't worry...you're not alone!! :)

    Lou x
    whiskyandpancakes.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top