22.7.15

CAMPING IN KENT

Camping in Kent
Camping in Kent

We packed the tent up in the car again this past weekend and took ourselves off to Kent for a couple of nights. It's the last time we'll use the tent given to us by Steven's sister before we get our own shiny new one that's all singing and dancing. Yep, we have become those saddo's perving on other peoples tents at the campsite...and yes we have been known to spend our evenings watching youtube videos of people putting up tents to make sure we pick the right one. We'll be getting a roof box for the car next (we totally are). 

Camping in Kent
Camping in Kent
Camping in Kent
Camping in Kent

We went to Oldbury Hill Campsite which is part of The Camping and Caravanning Club so a few rules and regulations to abide by but the site was actually really lovely and in a beautiful part of Kent. Nestled right bang in the middle of some woods and a National Trust trail - fully equipped with rope swing (duly noted that we are way too old to go on a rope swing) we had a great time wandering around and enjoying the summer sun.  

Camping in Kent
Camping in Kent

Not too far away is Igtham mote which had the annual summer celebrations on and beautiful grounds with different length walks - would definitely recommend if you're in the area. 
And of course, chips for tea on Friday night from the local chippy. Can't beat it.

Camping in Kent
Camping in Kent
Camping in Kent


We have a few more camping trips coming up in the next couple of months which we're really looking forward to, although I am slightly worried this weather might wear itself out by then!

Camping in Kent

I tell you what though, the worst thing about going away on a mini holiday is that the whole of Monday being back at work is the absolute pits!

I've been updating my YouTube channel quite regularly with various videos of life and other things and I'm currently editing a camping one which should be up later on this week. You can have a little look at it right here...please do subscribe if you like it. Thanks!

10 comments :

  1. Okay Darren and I are definitely going camping! You'll have to send me some tips of what to bring x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to do a video on this actually! whoop x

      Delete
  2. Yea you've inspired me to go camping too! And also, too old for a rope swing? No way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mind says no but my body's telling me yes.

      Delete
  3. Your photos are beautiful. It's only 9am but I really fancy a plate of chips and mushy peas right now! And am itching to go camping x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just subscribed to your Youtube channel too. Your videos are fantastic x

      Delete
    2. Thanks Lauren! I always fancy a plate of chips and mushy peas, every minute of the day!! x

      Delete
  4. Looks so lovely Jo, I really want to start going camping. Looking super cute in your straw hat! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Siobhan! We should do a blog girls camping trip!! x

      Delete
  5. We've just bought a new tent and loving it so much! I'm not ashamed to say that my fiancé may have just bought a membership to the Caravan and Camping Club!! Ha! Once you start buying all the little camping accessories, there's no stopping!! Loving your videos! :)

    Lou x
    whiskyandpancakes.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top