5.7.15

SCOTNEY CASTLE, KENT

Scotney Castle, Kent

Last week we both took the day off work to celebrate my birthday and Steven surprised me with a picnic and day out at Scotney Castle in Kent.

Scotney Castle, Kent
Scotney Castle, Kent

The grounds are so beautiful and the old castle that was left to ruin has a moat around it! A moat! The new house on the top of the hill is a bit of a mis-match of eras and style and the former owner, Betty (who died in 2006), her cat still lives there.

Scotney Castle, Kent

We had a lovely day pottering around and the weather was just perfect. I wish we could take Wednesday off every week!

Scotney Castle, Kent
Scotney Castle, Kent
Scotney Castle, Kent
Scotney Castle, Kent

I made a little video of our day which you can see below - I've also been uploading a couple of new videos on my YouTube channel if you'd like to take a look - here. I'm trying to make one video a week so I can learn the software a bit better and so far, so good!



5 comments :

  1. This place looks great. I need to explore more of Kent, it's so easily within reach of London. Now I just need some midweek days off too! Happy Birthday!

    Lisa | Not Quite Enough

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos - I cast my vote for Wednesdays off too! And I love the video :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a stunning place - love that huge lily pond!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great day out! The perfect way to spend your birthday. Now I am hankering for a picnic in a pretty place....I may put one together for the hubby and kids tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! Reminds me a bit of I Capture the Castle (have you read that? If not, you should. Absolutely lovely book)

    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top