24.9.15

CAMPING IN BRECON BEACONS

Wales

Oh Wales. You are just wonderful. 

Last week we potentially had our last camping trip of the year, I say with emphasis on the potentially...fingers crossed we can sneak one in at some point! Christmas day in the tent, Steven?

Having only really been to North Wales before, I knew the rest was going to be lovely but I was really taken aback with just how utterly beautiful the country is. We booked 3 nights in the Brecon Beacons and 4 nights on the Pembrokeshire coast, mountains then sea. Perfecto. 

Wales
Wales
Wales

I haven't had the chance to finish editing the Pembrokeshire pictures yet but here's a few from our time in the Brecon Beacons. We stayed in a lovely little campsite in Talybont that I would recommend to anybody, its a working farm and the owner, Lydia, is very friendly and helpful. There's lots of lovely walks around the area too and even though there seems to be only about 20 houses in the village - they have about 4 pubs!

Wales
Wales

The highlight of our time in the Brecon Beacons was walking up Pen y Fan - the highest point in Southern Britain. It took longer than I thought and it was pretty tough but the view even from a few metres up was unbelievable. 

Wales
Wales
Wales
Wales

I guess a positive about having to run to the toilet in the cold just before bed is the chance to see all the stars at night...they don't make skies like this in London!

Wales_Camping-4284-2
Wales
Wales

I'll be uploading a few more pictures to my new website www.joannecrawford.com so they can be seen without being compressed by Blogger and I'll be sharing the Pembrokeshire ones very soon...until then, have you seen my Wales Landscape video?

1 comment :

  1. Absolutely stunning pictures! Looks like my ideal kind of place...away from a lot of civilisation!

    Meg | A Little Twist Of…

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top