25.9.15

WEBSITE



In my last post I briefly mentioned my new website but I wanted to talk a bit more about it...

Last year I launched a website (which I have now taken down) which didn't feel right, I wasn't that excited about it or even updated it very much. It was cluttered and messy with too much on there and it didn't feel very personal or really show the kind of work I like/want to make. Having a space that you're proud of and you want people to look at your work on is really important. Over the past few months I have been working on this new website, tinkering and tweaking each day to get it to a place that I am really happy with. With the new design and new URL - www.joannecrawford.com, I have simplified things, honed it down a bit. It all makes more sense now and I love updating the sections as I make new work.

The landing page is the weddings that I have shot, neatly edited down to 50 or so images from each day. I'd love to start shooting more weddings so please do get in touch if you or anyone you know is getting married. 



I also have a Personal section which is where all the other work I make goes. I haven't really finished this section yet and I'm not sure if I ever will. I'm still working out the categories and how many images I'd like in each but I think it will be a constant work in progress as I make more work and replace old with new and take on new projects. I'd also like to incorporate the videos I make too so I think I'll be looking into that very soon.



The blog section I have on there is an up to date record of the work I am making and that I am proud to share. I obviously have this blog which is kind of my online diary, a place where I can put everyday moments and write about whatever I want. The two may even interlink at times, who knows! 

I'd love to know what you think of it, good or bad! Sometimes it's hard to see the wood from the trees when you're so immersed in something. 

www.joannecrawford.com


2 comments :

  1. At the risk of sounding stalkerish I actually had a look on this the other day and had been meaning to message you to say how lovely it looks! You're right about the simplicity. It let's your photographs do all the talking :) I think you should definitely put your mini films on there too, you need to advertise those editing skills! X p.s those brecon beacons pics are beautiful, looks like you got some lovely weather too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Annie, you sweetie! Thats very kind of you to say, thank you. xx

      Delete

Back to Top