23.11.15

BACK UP NORTH

Scunthorpe

My dad turned 60 this weekend so we headed back up north to celebrate and it was absolutely freezing, snow flurries and all! I took these snaps on my phone as I didn't have enough room for another camera in my bag. My dads birthday is also handily timed with my annual dentist appointment...so kill two birds with one stone and all that. After my appointment I hung out with my step dad on the Friday, we did our yearly tradition of a full english breakfast followed by charity shopping. I got this leather saddle bag for a couple of quid and nearly came away with a record player and a coffee table but reluctantly resisted as we have no more room in our little London flat. It's one in one out now I think, sad times.

Scunthorpe

Steven got rather attached to this big polar bear at the garden centre and I got rather attached to these cactus even though I'm not allowed them as I'm a cactus/plant killer!

Dad's 60th
Dad's 60th

We went to a nice restaurant for my dads birthday on Saturday night, to start I had parsnip soup that had an onion bahji and mango chutney in, so so good! A festive steak for main and a chocolate torte with mint cream (toothpaste) to finish. Well and truly stuffed.

Dad's 60th

And that was our lovely weekend, another week of work ahead but it's starting to feel rather festive now in London so I think a weekend of getting in the spirit will be on the cards, yippee!

2 comments :

  1. Sounds like a great weekend :) Happy 60th birthday to your dad!
    Jas Poole Blog | Photography & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top