7.12.15

GETTING CRAFTY

Craft

This week I finally got round to making (and finishing some!) Christmas presents which means I can relax a little now and spend my Saturday evenings until Christmas drinking that bottle of Baileys we bought. I'll share those pics after the big day though (of the crafts, not of me drunk!)
I have however, been busy making other bits and bobs for purely selfish reasons. The first one was this scarf that I knitted, I shared it on Instagram a little while ago but I have been wearing it non stop since I finished. Well it's actually ended up being a snood because it was a little too short for a scarf but wrapped round twice I think it looks fine. It only took about a year to make and cost approximately £30 in wool...but...I did make it myself and all that!

Craft

I've had this plain white lampshade hanging around for ages now and I keep meaning to do something with it, originally I had planned to do some fancy stitching patterns but in the end I settled for covering it with this lovely Liberty fabric.

Craft
Craft
Craft

A nice bright addition to our living room.

Craft

This wooden crate was lying around on the side at work so I grabbed it at the first chance I got - I can't resist a crate or an empty hamper for that matter, I will always find something to put in it.
I gave it a lick of grey paint and now it lives next to the sofa and has all my crafty bits in, purely because they were scattered all over the floor and I kept losing needles, whoops... but this has solved everything!

Craft
Craft

When I have made things in the past that I have seen on Pinterest it is very rarely a success...but I have to say this this cute little pouch I made for a friends birthday present turned out not bad at all. I worked out an envelope template, ordered some soft leather off ebay and I was away! I did have a slight problem with the pouch gaping a bit but thats nothing a bit of fabric glue can't solve. Ideally I'd like to use a harder leather to make it sturdier but I'm putting it down as a successful work in progress.

Craft

And finally I have made myself this laptop cover out of wool felt which I really love. Since I took these photographs I have restitched the edges pink and made them a bit neater, I used some leftover Liberty fabric from the lampshade to line it with and I have to say that I got a fair few compliments on it when I took it to work the other day. I think this has to be one of my more successful makes to date...as in, it actually works and doesn't look 'a bit shit'.

Craft
Craft
Craft

The only problem is 100% wool felt is so flipping expensive! But it's definitely still cheaper then buying brand new, so I feel like its a winner all round.

Craft

And next up I need to tackle making Christmas cards, I bought this lino kit in the hopes that it would be super easy and I'd have a work of art in no time but sadly its not quite working out that way. Its actually really difficult to make it look half decent...soooo fingers crossed that I manage to finish them before I miss the last post!

3 comments :

  1. Well done! I have not been feeling crafty at all this year. Love the wool pouch SO MUCH x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spending these crappy dark evenings crafting is THE BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh you have been busy! Loving all of these particularly the laptop case - looks v.professional :) X

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top